Vembu BDR Suite provides Backup and DR solution for the companies running their workloads on Microsoft Azure VMs. Vembu heps to securely backup the Azure VMs to other regions or to other public clouds or to their data center with RTO and RPO less than 15 minutes and minimal administration effort.
So by doing this we are achieving two things in one shot. One is your VMs are protected with multiple restore points and at the same time your VM are ready for a disaster recovery situation offering a RTO and RPO which is less than 15 minutes with minimal administration effort.
Vembu for Azure Backup support four scenarios.
- Backup Azure VMs to the same Regions
- Backup Azure VMs to other Regions
- Backup Azure VMs to other Public Clouds
- Backup Azure VMs to your Data Center
Here is how it works in real life.
Notable features of Vembu Azure VM Backu
- Full Disk Image Backup – Vembu uses VSS to take snapshot of the entire disk and backs up only the used blocks to the BDR backup server. During backup, it backs up full disk image including OS, applications and data.
- File-level Backup – Supports file backup of Windows, Linux machines. Also, supports preconfigured folders, such as, My Documents, My Photos, Desktop, Browsers and etc.
- Application-level Backup – Supports backup of Microsoft Exchange servers, Exchange Mailboxes, SQL Database, SharePoint sites, MySQL.
- Changed Block Tracking – Using Vembu’s own proprietary CBT driver, changed blocks alone will be backed up after initial full backup.
- Application-aware Image Backups – During each backup schedule, it verifies Microsoft Applications writer consistency. Also, reduces the overflow of storage space by automatically truncating the transaction logs after performing a successful backup.
- Retention Policies – Basic and Advanced (GFS) retention policies help to maintain multiple recovery points for data restore and to effectively manage the backup data storage size.
- Automated Backup Verification – Backed up Windows Servers and Workstations will be booted as virtual machine daily with latest recovery point available. And the screenshots of the booted screen will be captured and emailed to the administrator.
- Azure VM Recovery – Vembu creates VHD, VHDX, VMDK and IMG virtual images for all backed up Azure VMs. So, using VHD/VHDX you can restore the VMs back to Microsoft Azure. Also, you can use these images to restore the Azure VMs to other public cloud.
- Quick VM Recovery on Local Data Center – Backed up Azure VMs can be booted instantly in VMware, Hyper-V and KVM environments without any manual driver injections or conversion tool assistance.
- Instant File Recovery – Individual files and folders of the Azure VMs can be instantly restored from the system image backup without restoring the whole machine.
- Vembu Universal Recovery – Instantly recover individual application items from Microsoft Applications such as Microsoft Exchange, SQL, SharePoint and Active Directory.